Join the Canadian Premature Babies Foundation and the Canadian Association of Neonatal Nurses for a full-day workshop that will explore the journey for parents of preterm infants after discharge from the NICU. The workshop will focus on supporting parents' mental health after their stay in the NICU by providing opportunities to share experiences and to gain practical strategies on achieving health and wellness.
Session topics will include:
- Canadian Premature Babies Foundation (CPBF) – Helpful Tools and Resources
- Trying Again after a Perinatal Loss or Stay in the NICU
- From Rules to Relationships: Finding Flexibility and Meaning in the NICU
- NEOTalks: Behaviour Science in Action: Show Me What It Looks Like / Supporting Children's Success: Developmental Coordination Disorder and Visual Therapy
- Supporting Dads: Fathers' Mental Health
- A special presentation by Ann Douglas, bestselling author of many parenting and mental health books including: Parenting Through the Storm and her new book Happy Parents, Happy Kids
Member $75 / Non-Member $90 / Student (full-time undergraduate or graduate nursing program) $50 / Parent $20
Registration fees include participation in the workshop, refreshment breaks and a light lunch.
Registration fees are subject to applicable taxes (13% HST).
Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel & Conference Centre
801 Dixon Road, Toronto, Ontario M9W 1J5
Hotel Phone: 416-675-6100
Sheraton Reservations: 866-932-7058
The Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel is located approximately 3.3 kilometres (about 6 minutes) from Toronto Pearson International Airport.
The Sheraton Toronto Airport Hotel offers a special discounted parking rate to attendees of the CANN 2019 National Conference: $10 per car per day (based on availability).